Subject: Itís fun to share!
Date: Tue 11 Jul 2000 09:46:38
1. What time is it: Sometime just prior to midnight.
2. Name as it appears on your birth certificate: Rupert Edward St. Martin Giles.
3. Nicknames: Ripper. Which I am still trying to live down.
4. Parent's names: George St. Martin Giles and Mary Elizabeth Giles.
5: Number of birthday candles you blew out on your cake last year: 43.
6. Date that you regularly blow them out: April 15.
7. Pets: None at the moment; when younger, one dog, three cats, and a handful of creatures from the nether realms. I donít know if they would properly be categorized as ďpetsĒ or ďdemons,Ē though.
8. Height: 5í11Ē
9. Eye color: brown
10. Hair Color: brown
11. Piercings: In the past, definitely; now, none, but that could easily change if I get to feeling a tad . . . rebellious.
12. Tattoos: A rather unfortunate one when I was younger. Long gone now, thank goodness.
13. How much do you love your job (1 to 10): I donít know if itís rightly called a job, but I love it anyway. 9.
14. Birthplace: Hampton, England.
15. Hometown: Seeing as how Iíve not been back to the UK since I came to Sunnydale except for very brief visits, Iíd have to say Sunnydale.
16. Current Residence: Sunnydale, naturally.
17. Been in love before? Yes.
18. Been to Africa? Yes. All part of a Watcherís training, to fight evils on all seven continents. And do you bloody know how many evils there are in Antarctica? Damned few. Demons are no fonder of freezing their bums off than humans are. I should have known back then that the Council had their collective heads jammed up their rear ends.
19. Been toilet-papering? Many, many times. Most recently under the influence of some chocolate bars. Iíve always wondered what Snyder thought when he woke up and saw his car . . . .
20. Been toilet papered? Yes. Chalk it up to the vicissitudes of working in an American high school.
21. Loved somebody so much it made you cry?: Yes.
22. Been in a car crash? Yes. And given my car, I am fortunate to have survived it.
23. Croutons or Bacon Bits: Only if authentic, in both cases. Imitation bacon bits are positively demonic. Literally.
24. 2 Door, 4 Doors on a car: I donít believe Iíve ever driven a car with more than two.
25. Coffee or Coffee Ice cream: Tea. Period.
26. Blanket or Stuffed Animal: Neither.
27. Dumper or Dumpee: Both. I fail to see that this is necessarily a dichotomy.
28. Salad Dressing: Oil and vinegar.
29. Color of socks: Argyle.
30. Number: Favorite number strikes me as a bit too much like asking me my favorite letter, or my favorite hand. I decline to answer.
31. Place to be kissed: A gentleman never tells.
32. Movies: Henry V, Olivierís version. Nothing against Branagh (excepting his abysmally boring Hamlet. How on Earth does one manage to make HAMLET boring? I donít know either, but somehow Branagh manages), but I prefer my Shakespeare to have majesty and grandeur.
33. Quote from a movie: ďThereís a herd of killer rabbits heading this way!Ē Yes, I realize itís a silly line from an American B-Movie, but I thought it hilarious when young and I think it hilarious now. Oh, bugger off.
34. Favorite Holiday: Holidays around here appear to be the cause of more grief than pleasure. Thus, none.
35. Favorite Foods: Tea, biscuits, and, yes, scones. Though I decline the charge of stuffiness.
36. Day of the Week: See above in regards to favorite number. A pointless question.
37. Song at the moment: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.
38. TV show: American television is by and large a vast cultural wasteland. Iíve yet to see anything on it to top even ďEastenders.Ē
39. Toothpaste: Colgate.
40. Restaurant: Thereís a restaurant in Boston called the Top of the Hub. Iíve only eaten there twice but it was the most delicious food Iíve eaten in my life.
41. Flower: Wildflowers.
42. Least Favorite thing: Old chums named Ethan. Remind me to kill mine the next time he pops by, would you?
43. Sport to Watch: Sport? Football. REAL football, not this prissy watered-down American version. Real men play without helmets and they NEVER use their hands.
44. Fast Food Restaurant: Chinese restaurants occasionally manage to combine speedy service and edible fare. You would not catch me dead at a McDonaldís.
45. When was your last hospital visit?: A couple of months back. Iíve been there so many times they might as well have my name and injury painted on the wall: Rupert Giles, concussion.
46. Favorite drink?: Tea. Anyone who doesnít know that hasnít been paying attention.
47. What color is your bedroom's carpet? I havenít the foggiest.
48. How many times did you fail your Permit and/or Drivers License test? Though Buffy will never believe it, not once.
49. What do you think of Ouija boards? What I think of Ouija boards could not be conveniently summarized in a 300-page book.
51. Who is the last person that you got mail from before this one? Mail? The phone company. Or did you perhaps mean to write e-mail?
52. Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Yes. See aforementioned Ethan and add ďbeat the bloody hell out ofĒ before ďkill.Ē
53. Which single store would you choose to max your credit card? Any number of out-of-the-way bookstores.
54. What do you do most often when you are bored? Sing in clubs or translate old manuscripts. Depends on my mood.
55. What words or phrases do you overuse?: I havenít the foggiest.
56. Name the person that you are friends with that lives the farthest away: A fellow ex-Watcher in Australia named Evonne Kelly.
57. Most annoying thing is: Ethan. Ethan, Ethan, Ethan.
58. Best thing: Helping someone the way they should be helped, not the way the system says they should be helped.
59. Bedtime: I have heard of this concept of bedtime and reject it wholly.
60. Where did you go to High School: England.
61. Anything else you care to share? Actually, no. But feel free to ask more specific questions when the mood strikes.